Tuesday, July 29, 2008

This week at the Morningside Farmer's Market.....

In an effort to truly embrace my time back in Atlanta, I have decided to make a commitment to go to the Morningside Farmer's Market every Saturday morning to get my vegetables for the week. The farmers are all independent and grow organic veggies.

This week I discovered:
Spanish Melon (haven't eaten it yet, but it is very yellow and I am told very sweet)
Japanese Eggplant (plan drizzle with olive oil, sesame seeds, and stir fry)
Heirloom tomatoes (all were delicious by themselves with salt and on several sandwiches)
Lemon Cucumber (it really looks like a lemon but tastes like a cucumber)
Sweet corn and okra (used both in a corn chowder made with bacon, lots of butter, and served with cornbread muffins - I love being pregnant and having an excuse!)

We'll see what I come up with next week......

No comments: