Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mexican Hot Chocolate Brownies

Back in Atlanta, I was inspired to try some new baking recipes for our picnic at the Tony Bennett concert at Chastain. If I might say so myself, these are truly some of the best brownies I have ever tasted. The recipe continued with instructions for a Coffee Frosting, but these are really rich on their own. I do not think they even need a frosting. This recipe comes from Good Housekeeping - June 2002 (I know - I have been cleaning out old magazines for the move!)

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking pwoder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (add even more if you like cinnamon like I do!)
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 13" by 9" pan with foil and grease.
2. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
3. In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Remove pan from heat and stir in butter. Stir in eggs, one at a time, until blended. Then add the vanilla. Stir flour mixture into sugar mixture until blended. Spread batter into the pan.
4. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. I baked them for about 30 minutes and they were still gooey in the middle, which is the way I like them.

No comments: