One day I will gain the courage to try the Smores cupcakes from Chockylit's blog and make my own marshmallows!
3/4 cup (1 - 1/2 sticks) butter
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup cocoa powdered
2 tbsps instant espresso powder
1 1/2 cups milk
2 tsps vanilla
1. Beat butter until softened, and then add the sugar. Beat until light and fluffy or about 3 minutes.
2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating 30 seconds after each addition.
3. Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, and espresso powder together in a separate bowl.
4. Combine milk and vanilla in a separate container.
5. Add about 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar, and beat to combine. Add about half of the milk/vanilla, and beat to combine. Continue alternating between dry and wet and finish with the dry.
6. After placing in cupcake cups, bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes.
Coconut Buttercream Frosting:
1 1/2 sticks of softened butter
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups coconut, sweetened flaked
1. Beat butter.
2. Add the sifted powdered sugar and milk. Beat until smooth
3. Add coconut and mix until combined.